Cultural, Academic and Governmental Services in the Upper Valley
● Drive a mile down Dunbar Hill Road from Gray Ledges condominiums, and you’ll come upon the recently-built town offices of the Town of Grantham where the staff is welcoming, responsive and always smiling.
● Visit a classic New England village in the Town of New London, which offers all-season recreation, a variety of lakes, and Colby-Sawyer College.
● The Lake Sunapee Region Chamber of Commerce introduces you to the pleasures of living in or visiting the charming town of New London.
● In order to ensure “smart growth,” the Town of Hanover is environmentally sensitive, wanting to “safeguard and preserve New Hampshire’s environmental value in a manner that balances quality, safety and cost.”
● Serving as “Your Concierge to the Area,” the Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce collaborates with town governments, area businesses, non-profit organizations and Dartmouth College.
● Nestled in New London, Colby-Sawyer College walks the talk, exemplified when they told the world, “Devastated by Superstorm Sandy, the community of Coney Island, NY was in search of restoration. Our students and staff were there to lend helping hands.”
● As a key member of the Ivy League, Dartmouth College educates the most promising students and prepares them for a lifetime of learning and of responsible leadership, through a faculty dedicated to teaching and the creation of knowledge.
Arts and Entertainment
● For classic summer theater, the New London Barn Playhouse produces vibrant theater created by emerging artists in collaboration with accomplished professionals, while preserving one of the most cherished and historic summer stock theaters in the country.
● By seeking, supporting, and celebrating the area’s cultural richness, the Center for the Arts - Lake Sunapee Region supports and promotes over 100 area artists and art related businesses.
● As a teaching center of entertainment, the Hopkins Center for the Arts at Dartmouth ignites and sustains a passion for the arts within the College and the greater community surrounding it, and provides the core educational environment for the study, creation, and presentation of the arts.
● The Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth - one of the premier teaching museums in the country - creates an ideal learning environment that fosters transformative encounters with works of art.
● A cutting edge regional theater group, Northern Stage entertains, challenges, and involves its audiences on an intimate stage with ambitious productions of diverse classic and contemporary plays and musicals, uses Broadway and area talent, and organizes expansive educational programs.
● Serving as the Gateway to arts in the Upper Valley, the Upper Valley Arts Alliance advocates area visual, literary, and performing arts, its diverse array of artists and the classes they provide the community, along with an online calendar.
● Having Opera North - the Northeast's premier summer opera festival - is a joy. They present high-quality productions in the intimacy of the Lebanon Opera House, and serve as a career launching pad for young artists.